ICSE English Composition: 25 Latest Topics
by Yash Soni on Sep 27, 2022
ICSE English language exams for Class 9 & 10 include composition writing as a mandatory question. Make sure you read important tips to write compositions in ICSE before you begin your practise.
Below are 25 trending composition topics in ICSE that you can use to practise essay writing:
- Describe your favourite place in the world.
- Which of your family members do you spend the most time with? Describe your experience of being with them.
- Describe what you like about your house and give a sneak peek of your surroundings.
- Imagine a time you accomplished a personal goal. Give a brief description of the goal you were after and how you achieved it. Describe how you felt when you achieved it.
- Life revolves around people. Describe how one person has had a significant influence on your life.
- Narrate an experience you had when you were expected to perform well but for some reason were not able to. Narrate what happened and why it happened. In what way did it teach you something?
- Think of a time when you found yourself in an embarrassing situation. Narrate how you got into that situation, how you dealt with it, and the lesson you learnt from it.
- Explain how your teacher has influenced your life. Refer to relevant incidents or relate appropriate anecdotes to show how the actions of your teacher and his/her example have affected your life.
- Narrate an incident when you had difficulty travelling from one place to another. Mention what made it difficult for you to travel and where did you go?
- Narrate an incident when you were caught in a traffic jam for hours. What difficulties did you face? What were the consequences?
- "Teenagers today are more worldly-wise than their parents." Express your views for or against the statement.
- "Plastic bags are convenient and should not be banned by the government." Give your views for or against this statement.
- "Book reading is a dying phenomenon of life nowadays." Throw light on the factors responsible for it and give suggestions for its improvement.
- "The use of Mobile Phones must be allowed in schools." Express your views for or against this statement.
- "Money causes more harm than good." Express your views for or against this statement.
- Write an original short story that ends with the words: "... I put the keys back into the drawer, hoping no one would notice they had been touched."
- Write an original short story that begins with the words: "The day started off well enough, who thought it would..."
- Write an original story that ends with the words: "... it came as a blessing in disguise."
- Write a short story which illustrates the truth of the statement, 'Absence makes the heart grow fonder.'
- Write an original story which illustrates the truth of the statement, 'One lie leads to another'.
You can practice this essays and get it evaluated from your class teacher and get a better understanding of your performance. You can also improve your grammar as students lose lot of there marks due to grammar.
Our Top 5 essay writing tips can also be a game changer for your upcoming exams.
Also checkout Almond Books English Compositions for Class 9 and 10