ICSE Class 10: Revision Guide v/s Sample Paper Books
by AlmondBooks Support on Oct 29, 2022
This post is intended to expose the myth about revision with sample papers books, and illustrate the importance of revision guides.
Here are 5 reasons you might want to skip old-fashioned sample paper book (like Oswaal, Arihant etc.) and instead turn to Almond Books' revision guides.
- Questions in the ICSE Board Exams are rarely repeated. In most sample papers books, you will find questions from the previous year's board exams. This does not mean you should not practice past board questions.
- Repetitive questions; no emphasis on covering all topics.
- Sample papers skip over key concepts and jump right into questions and answers. How confident are you that your concepts are clear?
- Questions lack variety. Most of them are lifted from textbook exercises or past board exams and do not contain fresh or original content.
- No satisfaction. Despite solving 5 or 10 sample papers in a subject, students often feel they haven't practiced enough and feel some parts have been overlooked.
8 Reasons Almond Books Revision Guides Outperform Sample Paper Books:
- Covers both chapter-wise revision as well as full-syllabus practice papers as per the latest specimen paper format.
- An all-in-one revision book and question bank with detailed answers.
- A comprehensive question bank with lots of fresh questions and answers.
- ICSE School prelim questions are included with answers. They are especially useful for practice because they come in several different formats and are twisted to help students at all levels.
- A selection of questions from previous years' board exams is also included. These are questions that are likely to be asked in the upcoming ICSE board exam.
- Each topic is thoroughly covered, with a focus on fundamental concepts and quickly revisable.
- Questions are mostly unique and do not repeat. This ensures maximum practise.
- Board Examiner approved high quality answers. Answers in the book undergo rigorous quality checks to ensure they adhere to ICSE standards and are verified by official Board examiners.
It takes a lot of effort to succeed in exams, but if you have the right resources, you are more likely to succeed. To achieve success, you need the right book, and even more so a book that guides you along the way.